Training - LTE Introduction
- Duration: 1 or more days
- Inhouse training price: Based on number of participants
- Public training price: Depending on partner organisation
Wireless broadband internet access providing IP based services to mobile users is growing rapidly worldwide. 3GPP Long Term Evolution is the new UMTS standard making use of latest technologies such as OFDMA/SC-FDMA based access, frequency based scheduling, MIMO and higher order modulation. LTE promises to deliver peak data rates of up to 300Mbps in the downlink and up to 75Mbps in the uplink, as well as faster response through reduced latency while keeping deployment cost and terminal complexity at a low level. The scalable OFDM technology (ranging from 1.4MHz up to 20MHz) allows a flexible spectrum allocation in existing and new 3G frequency bands. LTE is the natural evolution of GSM/EDGE and UMTS/HSPA network technologies. 3GPP has completed the standardisation; extensive trials are under preparation while services are expected to start around 2010.
Day 1 – 3GPP Long Term Evolution Overview
Fundamentals and Numerology of the LTE Physical Layer
- 3GPP standardisation, LTE background and industry
- OFDMA downlink and SC-FDMA uplink access schemes
- Physical Layer numerology and LTE FDD/TDD
- Fundamentals of MIMO antenna technologies
Physical Layer Channel and Procedures
- Link adaptation with AMC, Hybrid ARQ and power control
- Downlink synchronization signals and initial cell search
- Physical data channels (PBCH, PDSCH, PMCH, PRACH, PDSCH)
- Physical control channel (PCFICH, PHICH, PDCCH, PUCCH)
- UE capabilities and system performance
Radio Protocol and Network Architecture
- LTE/SAE network architecture and functional split
- QoS architecture and bearer/label concept
- Medium access control, radio link control, radio resource control
- Logical channel and transport channels
This is an beginner's training course. Experience with mobile communication systems and technology is not required, but recommended.
The course is not scheduled as a public course.
Feel free to contact us for further information.